Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions :
- ‘Ecocycle’ means Ecocycle Industries PLT,
- ‘Programme’ refers to the Ecocycle membership programme.
- ‘Member’ is defined as Ecocyle members unless otherwise specified.
- Membership’ means those arrangements by which a Member agrees to participate in the programme and receives Points by providing recyclable items to Partners and so qualifies for redeeming Gift under these Terms and Conditions.
- Gifts' are defined as the goods and/or services offered to Members in exchange for sufficient amount of Points.
- ‘Account’ is defined as Member’s account where points recorded.
- ‘Partners’ are to those companies (and other persons) who supply qualifying services in respect of which Points will be credited under the programme.
- ‘System’ means a web system that use to record and store Member’s profile, recycle transaction, point earning history, redemption catalogue and cart, and redemption history.
Membership is free. Applications are open to all residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and above. Member can register for their free account via rewards.ecocycle.my.
Any individual who wishes to become a Member must agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as varied from time to time.
Each individual is only allowed to register one Membership.
By using Member’s Account, the Member will be taken to have affirmed his or her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as varied from time to time.
Members must provide valid information on a registration form (where information such as name, identification number, address, contact numbers, occupation, family particulars, customer preferences, as well as other similar personal information has been requested)
Ecocycle may refuse an application for membership and reserves the right not to disclose the reasons for such refusal.
Ecocycle may terminate a Membership without notice and for any reason, including if the member fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions:
- Supplies any misleading information or makes any misrepresentations to Ecocycle or to any Partner in connection with the programme; or
- Abuses any privilege accorded to the member under the programme; or
- Engages in any fraudulent activities under the programme; or
- Does not accumulate a minimum number of Points for a period of 12 months, which minimum shall be set by Ecocycle at its own discretion from time to time; or
- Is deceased or is declared a bankrupt; or
- Displays inappropriate behaviour against any of Ecocycle and Partner’s staff.
Termination of Membership will result in forfeiture of remaining Points in a Member’s Account.
A Member may at any time terminate his or her Membership by giving notice to Ecocycle.
Member’s Points is not allowed to be transferred from one Account to another Account.
Ecocycle reserves the right to send Points Summary Statement, catalogues or other promotional literature to a Member at its own discretion.
Any tax arising from a Member’s participation in the programme is the responsibility of the Member.
3. Collecting Points
Member shall accumulate the recyclable items by category stated by Ecocycle.
Once the Member has accumulated the certain quantity of recyclable item, he/she may send the recyclable items to the collecting points as notified by Ecocycle; alternatively, he/she may contact Partner to arrange collection at the minimum quantity as stated by Ecocyle. The collection address must be the same as Member’s registered address.
Once the Partner verified the recyclable item, the Partner will enter the collection details into the System. The Member shall verify the collection details in the System. Once the Member has agreed on the collection details, he/she shall enter login detail into the System to confirm acceptance of the transaction.
Ecocycle shall not bear any responsibility over the dispute between Partner and Member on any collection transaction.
Ecocycle will not award any Points given by any company, nor entertain any dispute arising from a Partner after they have ceased to be a Partner in the programme.
Member may check their Point Summary Statement by logging into the System, rewards.ecocycle.my.
Disputes arising over the Points Summary Statement must be notified to Ecocycle within seven (7) calendar days from the date of the relevant points awarded. Members are requested to provide supporting documents wherever applicable to assist Ecocycle to settle the dispute. The Statement will otherwise be taken to be correct and binding on the Member. Ecocycle’s decision on any such dispute is final and binding.
Member may make Gift redemption through the Ecocycle’s Gift Catalogue as stated in Ecocycle’s System: rewards.ecocycle.my.
Only the Member with sufficient Points is eligible to redeem, and he/she may do so using the various redemption methods implemented by Ecocycle.
Redemption orders once accepted by Ecocycle cannot be revoked, cancelled, returned or exchanged, and the affected Points will not be reinstated.
Ecocycle gives no representation or warranty with respect to any products and/or services featured in the Gifts Catalogue or other channels of redemption. In particular, Ecocycle gives no warranty with respect to the quality of the Gifts or their suitability for any purpose. However, Members may liaise directly with the supplier according to the warranty awarded.
Ecocycle reserves the right to :
- amend redemption programme from time to time without any notification to Member.
- decline redemptions made through any other channels without any notification to Member.
- adjust the Points required for redemption of Gifts, as well as replacing any Gifts with other item of approximate equivalent value without prior notice.
- refuse the redemption of any Gifts or recall the redeemed item if Ecocycle has any reason to suspect the Points were fraudulently accumulated by the Member or wrongly recorded.
The number of Points published for a Gift claimed by a Member will be deducted from the Points balance of the Member’s Account, with the oldest Points being deducted first.
Ecocycle may also deduct from the Points balance in a Member’s Account, given the following circumstances: -
- Any Points suspected to be fraudulently recorded; or
- Any Points recorded in error; or
- Any Points relating to a transaction which is cancelled
Ecocycle reserves the right to deduct any such Points as stated above without notifying the Member.
5. Delivery of redeemed Gift
Ecocycle will endeavour to deliver the redeemed Gifts to Members within Four (4) weeks upon receiving the redemption request from the Member.
Gifts will be posted or delivered (at Ecocycle's option), to the current address of the Member shown in Ecocycle's record or any other address as authorized by the Member.
Ecocycle will not deliver Gift to PO Box addresses and addresses outside Malaysia.
Member/recipient of Gift(s) is obliged to present ID documentation to the delivery staff, failing which the delivery staff has the right to refuse delivery and will return the Gift item to Ecocycle as unclaimed. Delivery of Gifts will be made to the address as specified by the Member, or to the occupants at the delivery address, and where such address is an office, to any office staff. Such acknowledgment shall be deemed to be the acknowledgment of the Member.
Members are advised to examine all pick-ups or delivered Gifts upon receipt.
If a Member finds the Gift item faulty/damaged, he/she is requested to contact Ecocycle's Member Services Centre within Two (2) working days from receipt date. Any disputes after Two (2) working days will not be entertained and Members will be required to liaise directly with the respective Suppliers according to the warranty information.
All Gifts delivered do not include installation cost - any installation cost incurred will be borne by Members.
Ecocycle will impose a separate delivery or courier charges or, where appropriate, deduct a set number of Points to account for delivery charges under the following circumstances:
- Delivery to East Malaysia; or
- Re-delivery of Gifts that have been returned as a result of being unclaimed; or
- Re-delivery of Gifts that have been returned under the following circumstances i.e. incomplete address, PO Box addresses, non-Malaysian addresses, person has shifted, no such person or for any other failed delivery reasons; or
- Urgent delivery (less than 2 weeks from process date)
All Gifts are to be delivered by Ecocycle. In the event a Gift was collected by the Member at courier service outlets or Ecocycle’s office, Ecocycle will not refund any delivery charges nor reinstate Points that have been deducted for delivery.
All Gifts unclaimed after 2 months from the redemption date will be deemed as forfeited. Points used will not be reinstated. It is the Primary Member’s responsibility to contact Ecocycle if the Gift item has not been received after 1 month from the request.
All Gifts are subject to availability. Once redeemed, these Gifts cannot be revoked, cancelled, returned or exchanged, and Points will not be reinstated.
6. Policy of Personal Data protection
This is Ecocycle’s policy on personal data collected through the programme. It is part of the Ecocycle Membership Terms and Conditions and Members are responsible for ensuring that Supplementary Members, who are in their Accounts, are aware of these Terms and Conditions including this Policy on Personal Data.
Members shall ensure that all personal data provided to Ecocycle is accurate at the point of submission and that Ecocycle is kept abreast and updated of any change in their personal details.
Ecocycle controls the personal data described below.
Use of Personal Data
Personal data supplied by an applicant for Membership, and/or which relates to the account of a Member, including without limitation, the personal data of the Member, may be used or processed by Ecocycle and/or its affiliates in order to:
- process the application, establish Member’s identity
- operate the Member’s account(s)
- facilitate access to and use of the website and mobile services relating to the Account
- make decisions in relation to Members, including (without limitation), suspend the provision of services or terminate the Membership
- confirm, update and enhance Members’ records
- conduct market research and/or statistical analysis (for example in relation to credit, insurance and fraud)
- identify and (if possible) prevent fraud
- for marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for which see below)
- communicate with Members: via Points Summary Statement, e-statement, sms blast, telemarketing or email blast
- update status of Members
- promote offers to Members
- reply to Member’s enquiries made via call, email, letters, faxes, or facebook
- fulfil Members’ requests including redemption requests.
In each case the processing will take place at any time during the course of the application process and/or in the course of the Membership, and may continue after the Membership has ended.
The supply of the following personal data by an applicant or a Member is necessary for the purpose of operating the Member’s Account: Name, Correspondence Address, Gender, Mother’s Maiden Name, IC numbers, Date of Birth and, Contact Numbers, failing which the Account cannot be set up or continued, as the case may be.
From time to time, Ecocycle may ask for additional information, to help improve its services to Members, to create more opportunities for Members to enjoy the programme, to follow up with Members for feedback or to help prevent abuse of the programme.
Ecocycle may automatically collect other information about Members indirectly through its database such as customer profile and consumer behaviour. Any customer information (including Members name and contact details) and consumer behaviour but excluding information that relate to specific goods or services that a Member buys, may be used by Ecocycle to analyze Members’ activity under the programme.
In the event that a Member or any individual who is the subject of the personal data supplied wishes to limit the use (including disclosure) by Ecocycle and/or its affiliates in any way of any personal data supplied pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, they should make such request by notice in writing to Ecocycle.
Ecocycle may change, at any time and without prior notice, these Terms and Conditions, the Gift offers and/or the Partners.
Ecocycle may make that change even if it has the effect of reducing or extinguishing the number or value of, or the period of expiry of, any existing or future Points. Ecocycle will attempt to notify Members of any changes.
Ecocycle may also change, at any time and without prior notice, the qualifying goods and services and/or the number of Points, which Members will receive for purchasing such goods and services.
In the event where there is a discrepancy in communication to Members using the Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin languages, the English version will prevail.
Ecocycle is not liable under the following circumstances:-
- Any delay/failure of a Partner to notify Ecocycle of the details of a transaction
- Any unauthorized redemption of Points
- Any unauthorized use of Points or unauthorized sale of Points
- Any loss, theft or damage to any Gift in the course of delivery
- Any Gift not being available for any reason
- Any failure to meet the Terms and Conditions to supply the Gift
- Any failure to notify Members of any changes in these Terms and Conditions, the Gift offered, Partners, qualifying goods and services and/or the number of Points which will be recorded
- The suspension and/or termination of the programme
- Any technical failure of system, including Ecocycle’s website, Self-Service Phone System and mobile web system which may impede a Member’s transaction.
All conditions and warranties, whether express or implied and whether arising under legislation or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods or services supplied under the programme are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
Any liability Ecocycle may have to a Member under legislation in respect of such goods and services which cannot be excluded is limited, where permitted, to supplying, or paying the cost of supplying, the goods or services again or repairing, or paying the costs of repairing the goods, at Ecocycle’s option.
Ecocycle reserves the right to suspend or terminate the programme at any time without prior notice.
Ecocycle reserves the right to assign or sell the programme to another company whereby Ecocycle transfers all rights and obligations under these Membership terms without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information held about Members to a prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer may not alter the rights of the Member in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.